Certification Exam Procedures
Exams are scheduled and administered by:
Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (WDATCP)
Pesticide Certification Program
- You must schedule exams in advance with WDATCP (see above) regardless of the test-only site you're attending.
- Directions to the test-only locations are provided on the website.
- Exams taken at WDATCP headquarters in Madison are graded immediately. Exams taken at other locations are graded within two weeks from the date of the exam.
Training Session Attendants
- Contact UW PAT to attend a training session. You do not need to contact WDATCP in advance when registered to attend a training session.
- The exam is given at the end of the training session and graded within two weeks.
All Commercial Applicators
- You must have a photo I.D. (e.g., driver's license) and your Social Security Number (not your Social Security card) before WDATCP will issue you an exam.
- Bring your training manual to the test-only / training site. Complete the Training Registration Form that immediately follows the front cover of the manual.
- DO NOT remove the Form until instructed to do so by the exam proctor.
- WDATCP cannot grade your exam or grant you certification until they collect the Form.
- The minimum passing score if 70%. You may use a calculator, but not your training materials or notes.
- If you pass the exam, WDATCP will mail you your exam score, certification card, and license application.
Checking Your Exam Score
- Pesticide Applicator Certification System (PACS)
The WDATCP operates the PACS service where you can obtain your exam score, listing of categories in which you are certified, or your certification expiration date. You will need your certification numer or, if not yet certified, your exam answer sheet number.
You can access PACS at WDATCP's website (http://datcpservices.wisconsin.gov/pacsweb/index.jsp).